Sunday, January 15, 2012

City Of Satellites - Machine Is My Animal

Australian based duo City Of Satellites create a beautiful blend of structured electronic pop filled with layered guitar tones, beautifully atmospheric vocals, and intricate drumming. Layers of vintage synthesizers and textures are interwoven in the mix, creating a unique sound somewhere between post-rock and shoegaze. The ethereal vocals and synth soundscapes reminded me of my childhood right away, combining 80's pop influences with more modern technology. I can hear elements of My Bloody Valentine, M83, The Smashing Pumpkins, Joy Division, and Jatun throughout City Of Satellites's music. This band completely blew me away, changed my day, and brought me back to that childhood feeling of dreaming and being free in spirit.

Check out City Of Satellites - Skeletons (Remix):


No comments:

Post a Comment